SoftBank, Bharti Enterprises and Foxconn Technology Group have formed a joint venture, SBG Cleantech which will invest around $20 billion over 10 years into green energy projects.
SoftBank will be the majority stakeholder while Bharti and Foxconn will me minority stakeholders in the renewable energy project.
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- CEO – Raman Nanda
- Executive Chairman – Manoj Kohli
- The SBG Cleantech will initially import equipment for the projects but as and when it gets sufficient land, it will look to manufacture in India.
- SBG Cleantech will invest in and develop renewable energy plants across India. This will help in achieveing the PM’s goal of 100GW solar and 60GW wind target by 2022.
- SBG Cleantech will be contributing to the Government of India’s mission of 24×7 power for all and the renewable energy target by 2022.
- The company is looking forward to participate in this year’s solar power plant tenders under the National Solar Mission (NSM) program and state-specific solar programs.