Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has been named as Young Global Leader from India by the World Economic Forum (WEF). The WEF described Irani as “rose from sweeping floors in a fast food restaurant to become a top politician in India”. The list comprising a total of 187 Young Global Leaders across the World.
There were 18 young global leaders in South Asia, out of which 11 were from India. Other than Smriti Irani, the Indians, who are named in the list are,
- Gaurav Gogoi – MP and son of Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
- Aditya Ghosh – IndiGo President
- Ashish Goyal – Portfolio Manager at Bluecrest Capital
- Kiran Kumar Grandhi – GMR Group
- Krithi Karanth – Centre for Wildlife Studies
- Neha Kirpal – Founder and Director of India Art Fair
- Shalini Puchalapalli – CEO Lehar Foods (Pepsi)
- Shweta Punj – Associate Editor India Today Group/Co-Founder at Whypoll
- Prashant Sarin – Bain and Company
- Ameera Shah – Managing Director and CEO Metropolis Healthcare.
Every year, the World Economic Forum releases a list of outstanding young leaders, who are aged below 40 years, from around the world.
Knowledge is Wealth
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) is a Swiss nonprofit foundation, based in Cologny, Geneva.
- The Motto of WEF is Entrepreneurship in the global public interest.
- The flagship event of WEF is its annual meeting held at the end of January in Davos, Switzerland.
- The theme for 2015 Annual Meeting is ‘The New Global Context‘.
Click this link – To know about 2015 Annual Meeting