Union urban Development minister M Venkaiah Naidu was conferred with the Skoch Lifetime Achievement Award at 43rd SKOCH summit held in New Delhi.
- Venkaiah Naidu was selected for the award for his contributions to inclusive growth and towards poverty alleviation in India
- IT minister of Telangana State KT Rama Rao was awarded the Skoch Award in the Startup India category for his initiative in establishing the path breaking tech incubator T-Hub
Skoch Challenger Award
- These awards were instituted in 2003 as the highest independently instituted civilian honours.
- These were have been conferred on some of the best brains from across the country for their efforts in the area of digital, financial and social inclusion.
Points to note
- Union minister of urban development and parliamentary affairs-Venkaiah Naidu