On September 5, 2019, Kaushalacharya Samadar 2019 was organized by the Skill India Mission, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) on the occasion of Teachers Day in New Delhi which honoured 53 skill trainers from different sectors for their exceptional contribution. “Kaushalacharya Awards” will become an annual event.
- Guests: It was attended by Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Hon’ble Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Raj Kumar Singh, Hon’ble Minister of State, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and others.
- Awardees: 53 trainers were the experts from different backgrounds which included WorldSkills Competition winners, trainers from National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs), Industrial Training Centres, Jan Sikshan Sansthans (JSS) and trainers from reputed Corporate houses.
- Trainers: Trainers included 19 Experts of winners from Team India who competed at WorldSkills 2019 in Kazan, Russia; 15 Skill Trainers from the NSTI (National Skill Trainers Institute for Women) /ITI (Industrial Training Institute) ecosystem; 9 Corporate trainers awarded from companies namely Adobe, IBM (International Business Machines Corporation), Microsoft, Maruti, ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation), Bosch, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Aegis; and 10 Trainers from JSS.
- Launch of Workbook: A special workbook developed by the National Instructional Media Institute (NIMI) which aimed at building a meaningful learning experience for students was launched by the Directorate of General Training (DGT), the nodal body for vocational training in India.
- Launch of SOP manual: A manual of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) was launched to boost training of trainers and assessors. It provides instructions on how to implement and adhere to processes, frameworks and systems specified in the ‘Training of Trainers and Assessors Guidelines for Short-term skill development programmes’.
- MoU: A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between DGT and Dhanbad (Jharkhand) based Kaushalya Kameshwar Techno Solution Pvt Limited under which training will be provided in Industrial environment in mining sector courses.
- Kaushalacharya Awards were also given to the trainers from the DGT.
About Skill India Mission:
It is a campaign launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15 July 2015 which aims to train over 40 crore people in India in different skills by 2022.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification