Singapore Airlines has been rated as the world’s best airline in a survey by the Travel + Leisure (T+L) magazine.
About ‘Top 10 International Airlines’ list by ‘Travel + Leisure’:
Every year for the ‘World’s Best Awards’ survey, T+L asks readers to give feedback on their travel experiences around the globe. In this survey, readers share their opinions on the top cities, islands, cruise ships, spas, airlines, and more.
- The ‘Top 10 International Airlines’ list has been compiled on basis of this survey.
- This year’s list has been topped by Singapore Airlines. It has been rated No. 1 airlines for all 22 years of the World’s Best survey.
- Singapore Airlines is followed by Emirates and Qatar Airways, which ranked 2 and 3, respectively.
- Earlier this year, Qatar Airways announced a completely new business-class cabin with double beds and quad seating.
- Cathay Pacific Airways, which has ranked at 4 this year, continues to expand service to the U.S., with more daily routes from Hong Kong to San Franciscoand Boston.
- Ranked at 5, Japan Airlines’ key attraction is the dedicated premium-economy section, offering seats that have reading lights and multiple meal services that cater to both Japanese and Western passengers.
The Top 10 International Airlines:
|7||Air New Zealand|
|9||All Nippon Airways (ANA)|
About Singapore Airlines:
Singapore Airlines Limitedis the flag carrier of Singapore with its hub at Singapore Changi Airport.
- It commenced operations on October 1, 1972.
- SilkAir,Scoot and Tigerair are the three subsidiaries of Singapore Airlines.
- Singapore Airlines was the launch customer for the Airbus A380, the world’s largest passenger aircraft.
- Peter Seah Lim Huat is the current Chairman of Singapore Airlines.
- Singapore Airlines will begin flying the world’s longest flight between Singapore and New York in 2018.