Sijo Kuruvilla George, the CEO of startup village and founder of Re-think Foundation has been selected as a member of Central Government’s Expert Committee on Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2020 (STIP 2020), India’s 5th science and technology policy led by Harkesh Mittal,head of the department of Science and Technology.
He is the only member from Kerala, as a part of the eight member panel.Shruti Singh, Startup India Director is also a committee member.
- The Expert Committee to frame the Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2020 is formed by the Department of Science and technology and principle Scientific advisor of Union Government.
- The committee will update the existing science and technology policy 2013 to encourage scientific innovations.
- The policy changes in the area of entrepreneurship including space, health, and atomic physics are considered.
- Sijo Kuruvilla holds International recognitions like the US State Department’s International Visitors Leadership program.
- He is in the advisory board of some of the Countries top start-up companies.
- The Start-up village is India’s First Public Private Partnership Technology Business Incubator.
- He is referred as the “Megamind behind the treasure trove in Cochin” by the Malayala Manorama.
About Ministry of Science and Technology:
Union Minister: Dr Harsh Vardhan (Chandini Chowk, Delhi)