On February 8, 2021, Siemens Ltd (India) signed 2 separate Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with Smart Factory, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru & Smart Manufacturing Demo and Development Cell (SMDDC) at Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI), Bengaluru for the establishment of 1st of its kind Digital Transformation labs. The Agreements were signed for a period of 3 years.
With these agreements, Siemens Ltd aims to support the Smart Advanced Manufacturing and Rapid Transformation Hub (SAMARTH) Udyog initiative of the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Government of India.
- To increase the expertise of researchers at IISc & technical skills of professionals in the machine tool industry.
- Particular focus will be given to development of industrial Internet of Things (IoT) & Industry 4.0 enabled products and technologies.
- To encourage MSMEs of Manufacturing sector to adopt smart digital technologies.
Research Scholars, Students & Industry Professionals across the machine tool industry in Bengaluru.
- The labs will be equipped with Technologies, products & prototypes of latest digital technologies like digital twin, blockchain technology & automatic guided vehicle.
- The support from Siemens will be used for development of IIoT/Industry 4.0 enabled digital twin-based platform for machine tool industry & a machine tool health monitoring app on the platform.
SAMARTH Udyog Bharat 4.0 is an Industry 4.0 Initiative of Department of Heavy Industry (DHI), Ministry of Heavy Industry & Public Enterprises, Government of India as part of the scheme on Enhancement of Competitiveness in Indian Capital Goods Sector.
i.Major Stakeholders – Manufacturers, Vendors and Customers.
ii.Five Centres of I4.0 have been set up to spread awareness about I4.0 among Indian Manufacturing industries.
iii.The 5 Common Engineering Facility Center (CEFC) Projects are:
- Center for Industry 4.0 (C4i4) Lab Pune, Maharashtra
- IITD-AIA (Indian Institute of Technology at Delhi-Automation Industry Association) Foundation for Smart Manufacturing, New Delhi
- I4.0 India at IISc Factory R&D Platform, Bengaluru
- Smart Manufacturing Demo & Development Cell at CMTI, Bengaluru
- Industry 4.0 Projects at DHI Centre of Excellence in Advanced Manufacturing Technology, IIT Kharagpur (West Bengal)
Recent Related News:
i.On 13th August 2020, Government of Goa signed a tripartite memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Siemens Limited, India and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), India to provide world class German dual vocational education and training(VET) in Goa’s Industrial Training Institutes(ITIs).
About Siemens Ltd (India):
It is an Indian subsidiary of Germany Company Siemens AG headquarters at Munich, Germany
Managing Director & CEO – Sunil Mathur
Head Office – Mumbai, Maharashtra