On May 25,2018 , The Union Minister for Electronics & IT and Law & Justice Shri. Ravi Shankar Prasad has inaugurated cloud enabled Data Centre at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
This will provide 24*7 online services for e-Governance applications and its departments .
- It is a centralized cloud environment that would work with simple operations and would provide flexible and quick responses to requirements to future technological enhancements.
- The Data centre and cloud services are being offered by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- This would provide on-demand access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT )Infrastructure .
- Platform to deliver ICT system and Data services across different platforms.
- Cost –effective and service oriented approach for sharing computing resources.
Integration in NIC services:
- All the districts of Odisha have been taken under the Secure , Scalable and Sugamya Website as a Service( SwaaS )website . This would make sure the gap between the administration and the citizens are bridged and the information related to the betterment of the districts could be accessed by the general public.
- Launch of E-Saubhagya Mobile Application.
- Data Centres are the one stop solutions for the government to provide infrastructure for the fulfillment of effective e-Governance. So far Data Centres at Hyderabad, Delhi and Pune have been operational.
National Informatics Centre has been established in 1976 that gives the promotes sustainable developments through digital means and is operational across 36 state governments /UT and about 708 district administration of India.