Union Minister of Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy PiyushGoyal released Report of the Technical Committee on Large Scale Integration of Renewable Energy in India.
- Ministry of Power constituted ahigh level Technical Committee was with members from, Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), Central Electricity Authority (CEA), renewable rich states like Gujarat, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and Various Organisations.
- The Committee has published a 15 point Action Plan for facilitating large scale integration of renewables in the country, in a secure and reliable manner.
- The recommdations by the committee would reduce the carbon foot print and help in meeting our commitment towards reduction in carbon emission.
- The grid management will take up one nation, one grid, and one price 24X7 on mission mode.
- This action plan for international support by informing that India will provide free of cost technical support for firming up of grid systems of the neighboring SAARC countries and under developed countries in other part of the world.
- Ancillary Services is being implemented for the first time in the country and would help in better grid management even with large scale renewable generation addition in the grid.
- POSOCO has been designated as Nodal agency for the implementations of such Services.
Target of achieving 175 GW of renewable generation:
India with the ambitious target of achieving 175 GW of renewable generation capacity. This is to integrate such high penetration of renewable energy and address the concerns.
Amendment to the Tariff policy:
The Tariff policy has mandates implementation of Ancillary Services. The Regulatory framework for implementation of Ancillary Services Operations has been notified by CERC.