Union Power Minister PiyushGoyal with Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister Andhra Pradesh to launch two schemes in Vijayawada , Andhra Pradesh, In order to make country more energy efficient.
The Schemes namely
- National Energy Efficient Agriculture Pumps Programme,
- National Energy Efficient Fan Programme.
These Schemes will be implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited under Power ministry.
- It aimed at saving subsidy worth Rs 20,000 crore. It will also launch a scheme to provide energy efficient fans that aim to save Rs 700 a year on man’s power bills every year.
Energy Efficient Agriculture Pumps Programme:
- The initiative will help farmers in changing energy guzzlers age-old agricultural pumps with the new-age energy efficient agricultural pumps, with a 5-Star Rating.
- These pumps will come enabled with smart control panel and a SIM card, giving farmers the flexibility to switch-on and switch-off these pumps from their mobile phones and from the comfort of their homes.
Energy Efficient Fan Programme:
- Two ceiling fans can be bought on one electricity bill from domestic category consumers only. Energy Efficient Ceiling Fans of 5-star rating 50 Watts will be provided at Rs 60 a month on EMI basis and Rs. 1250/- on upfront basis.
- This means, a consumer can recover the cost of this energy-efficient ceiling fan in less than 2 years. While these energy-efficient ceiling fans will cost Rs 1440/- to a consumer who uses the instalment method, for those who can pay upfront can buy this fan for Rs 1250.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification