Shri Manoj Sinha launches BSNL’s satellite phone service and Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Telecom Skill Excellence Award Scheme & Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Sanchar Kaushal Vikas Pratisthan Scheme
On May 24, 2017, Union Minister of State for Communications (Independent Charge), Shri Manoj Sinha launched BSNL’s satellite phone service, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Telecom Skill Excellence Award Scheme and Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Sanchar Kaushal Vikas Pratisthan Scheme
BSNL’s Satellite Phone Service:
- In the first phase, this service will be provided to agencies handling a disaster, state police, railways, Border Security Force and other government agencies.
- In the later phase, people travelling in flight and on ships will be able to use this service.
- BSNL’s satellite phone service will be enabled by INMARSAT which has a constellation of geostationary communication satellites.
- Currently Tata Communications Ltd (TCL) is permitted to provide INMARSAT satellite phone services in India under their International Long Distance (ILD) licence granted by Department of Telecommunications (DoT). The services of TCL will be phased out by June 30, 2017.
Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Sanchar Kaushal Vikas Pratisthan Scheme:
- This scheme aims to train rural youth to maintain mobile towers, repair optical fibres and fix other communication technologies.
- Under first phase of this scheme, training will be provided to 10,000 people from 10 States/UTs including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Punjab and Haryana. Government will spend Rs. 7 crore for this purpose.
- Sinha mentioned that Department of Telecommunications (DoT) will establish more than 1,000 Sanchar Kaushal Vikas Pratisthan in future under this scheme.
- Mr. Sinha also said that the government will give Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Telecom Skill Excellence Award to honor people doing innovative work in the telecom space.
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT) aims to provide broadband connection to 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats by December 2018.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification