- Aiming to strengthen the bilateral relation and cooperation between the two countries, India and Paraguay together held the Second Round of India-Paraguay Foreign Office Consultations (IPFOC) on 17 August 2015 in New Delhi, India.
- The Indian delegation was led by Shri R Swaminathan, Secretary (AMS, CPV &SA), Ministry of External Affairs and Oscar Cabellow Sarubbi, Deputy Foreign Minister of Paraguay led the Paraguayan delegation.
- As per the official report, the two countries held comprehensive talks on a range of issues covering the entire range of bilateral relations including political, trade, tourism and ways to strengthen cooperation in areas such as UN reforms. They have also discussed important regional and multilateral issues including India’s ongoing engagement with Community of Latin American Caribbean States (CELAC) and MERCOSUR (full members are Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela).
- The first round of Foreign Office Consultations between the two countries was held in October 2010.
Important Points to Remember:
- Paraguay Capital: Asuncion
- Paraguayan Currency: Paraguayan guaraní
- President of the Republic of Paraguay: Horacio Cartes