The SEBI Recruitment 2018 notification is recently out. This recruitment drive by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is for the post of Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) and a total of 120 vacancies in streams like General, Legal, IT and Engineering (Civil and Electrical) is announced. Planning to attempt SEBI Officer Exam 2018? Here’s the detailed syllabus for SEBI Grade A to get started with your preparation. This post is brought to you by Oliveboard.
Syllabus for SEBI Officer Grade A – Phase I Exam
- Current Affairs– National & International
- Awards and Honours
- Important Financial & Economic News
- Important Days
- International & National Organizations
- Books and Authors
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Countries & Capitals etc
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms & Phrases etc.
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- HCF and LCM
- Profit and Loss
- SI & CI
- Problem on Ages
- Work and Time
- Speed Distance and Time
- Probability, Permutation and Combination
- Average, Ratio and Proportion etc.
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Number System and Conversions
- Logical Reasoning etc.
Awareness of Securities Market
- Indian Financial system – introduction – structure – finance commission – financial administration – receipts of the Government – Expenditures of the Government.
- Capital markets – primary market – instruments – legal issues and regulations – secondary market – stock exchanges – brokers – trading in stock exchanges – forward trading – stock index – depositories – regulations
- Bond Market- Money market, G.sec Market, Corporate bond market, Bond valuation, Duration, sensitivity, risk
- Foreign Exchange market – exchange control – fixation of exchange rate – exchange control in India – FEMA – foreign exchange transactions of commercial banks in India – currency convertibility – currency forwards, futures and options – trading in foreign exchange market – relationship between money market and foreign exchange market.
- Commodity market, commodity trading and exchanges
- International capital markets – instruments – Guidelines – foreign investment in India and its regulations.
- Relationship between Company Law and securities law
- Basic concepts related to securities law, like capital, public offer and securities
- Historical Background of securities law
- SEBI as a Market regulator, Powers and Functions of SEBI, Quasi legislative powers, executive powers and quasi-judicial powers
- Regulating the intermediaries and Stock exchanges, Meaning and Type of securities, Securities Contract, Corporatization, Demutualization and regulation of stock exchange, Listing Agreement, Dematerlisation and Rematerlisation
- Rights and duties of Depository (NSDL AND CSDL), Depository Participant, Issuer and beneficiary
- Unpublished Price Sensitive Information (UPSI), Insider as connected person, Insider as the person having access to UPSI, Trading on the basis of UPSI
- Mergers Amalgamation and takeovers, Types and legal processes during takeover, Substantial Acquisitions, Exemptions by law, Exemption BY SEBI
- Public offer and disclosure requirements
- Unfair Trade Practices in the securities market, Securities Market offences, Prohibition of Insider Trading
- SEBI ICDR Regulations
- Public Offer requirements
- Role of SEBI as a Regulator
- Securities Appellate Tribunal
- Role of Courts in enforcing securities regulations
Hope this helps. Start your preparation with a Free SEBI 2018 Mock Test. All the Best!