India’s largest public sector bank, the State Bank of India (SBI) has signed a loan agreement for €100 million with the European Investment Bank (EIB) to support the private sector’s development in India — in particular small and medium-sized enterprises, social and economic infrastructure as well as climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Knowledge is Wealth
- The European Investment Bank (EIB) is a non-profit long-term lending institution, established in 1958 under the Treaty of Rome.
- The Headquarters of EIB is Luxembourg.
- The current CMD of SBI, Arundhathi Bhattacharya is the first woman Chairperson of SBI.
- The slogans of SBI are
- With you all the way
- The Nation banks on us
- The Banker to every Indian
- Pure Banking Nothing Else