So you have all made it to SBI GD and PI phase III. The GD carries 20 marks and the interview carries 30 marks. The phase III is scheduled from September 1 to September 10 across India.
You all are worried that what topic will be asked in Group Discussion, what if you do not any details about that topic, and so on. But there is no so much to worry.
Last time, the panel gave some time to think about the topic. They also gave pens and pads to write your views before starting the discussion. This time also it is expected. All members in the discussion will be given their individual time to speak about the topic (usually 2 minutes) and so any member can start the discussion.
Some Do’s and Dont’s in GD:
- It is good to start the discussion, but it is not that very important to start, most important thing is to take active part in discussion.
- Listen to others very carefully.
- U should start discussion only when you have a good knowledge about the topic, otherwise you can wait for some members to tell their views and then make your points from their points (Isn’t it a good trick? :P)
- Speak only about the relevant topic; do not go here and there.
- Remember that it is a group discussion, and not a debate. So you need not to argue to anyone. Let them tell their views, and you tell yours.
- Do not put questions to others. Do not think that only you are smart.
- Be patient and calm.
- Have fluency in language in which you are speaking.
- If given a chance, u can also conclude the discussion with points discussed.
Here are some topics that can be given for GD:
- SBI Merger
- Merger of other public sector banks
- India’s performance in Rio Olympics
- Fat Tax
- Pokemon Go
- 7th Pay commission recommendations
- NPA problem
- Merging of rail Budget to Union Budget
- Make in India
- Swachh Bharat Mission
- Women Empowerment
- Government subsidies
- Repo rate decrease in the last year
- Greece Crisis
- Surrogacy Bill
- 20 satellite in single mission
- Ujjwala yojana
- Ujala yojana
- Monetary policy committee
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy bill
- Benami transaction bill
- One Rank One Pension
- Startup india
Other than these, you should be well aware about the current happenings in India and around the World.
Do not forget to share your GD and interview experiences with us.
All the Best from AffairsCloud team