SBI has changed the pattern of SBI PO Mains Examination. The objective test will have separate timing for every section and there will be no change in the pattern of Prelims. Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 25 marks. Mode of the examination of both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be Online.
SBI PO 2016 – Phase – I Preliminary Examination
SBI PO 2016 – Phase – II Main Examination[New Pattern]
(A) Objective Test
The objective test consists of
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- General Awareness about Economy/ Banking
- English Language
Total No of Questions: 155
Total Marks: 200
Total Time Duration : 3 hours
(B) Descriptive Test
Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 25 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
SBI PO 2016 – Phase – III Interview
The qualifying marks in Group Discussion &Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
SBI PO 2016 – Final Selection
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be considered for the selection.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 225 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.