On October 23, 2020 SBI Card and Payment Services ltd.(SBI Cards) in association with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) launched ‘Delhi Metro- SBI Card’, a Multipurpose Credit Card for Delhi Metro Commuters. The card functions as a credit card and also as a metro smart card.
- Mangu Singh, Managing Director(MD) of DMRC and Ashwini Kumar Tewari, MD & CEO(Chief Executive Officer) jointly launched the card in the presence of other senior officials from DMRC and SBI Card.
i.The launch of the card is in line with the commitment of DMRC to support digital drive to promote cashless transactions among the Delhi Metro commuters.
ii.SBI Card will have access to 100 metro stations across Delhi and NCR to set up kiosks, to spread awareness among customers.
i.Whenever the balance of the card is below Rs 100, the card will automatically recharge with Rs 200 from the linked card/bank account of the user.
ii.This combo card can also be used for all regular credit card transactions.
Gist about Delhi Metro- SBI Card:
Apply & Annual Fee
Commuters can apply for the card at Metro stations as well as online through e-apply platform on SBI Card website at an annual fee of Rs 499.
- On the first auto top-up transaction, the card offers 2,000 bonus reward points and Rs 50 cashback.
- It offers a 10% discount on metro travel and reward points on various purchases.
- It offers a 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps.
- The annual fee will be reversed on spends of Rs 1 lakh.
- It offers a complimentary insurance cover of Rs 50,000.
Recent Related News:
LazyPay, a part of PayU Finance has launched ‘LazyUPI’, a first of its kind digital credit card that combines Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and the Buy-Now-Pay-Later concept. The offering allows the users to access the real-time credit using UPI across omnichannel networks, which includes offline merchants and e-commerce platforms.
About SBI Cards & Payment Services Ltd (SBI Cards):
Headquarters– Gurgaon, Haryana
MD & CEO– Ashwini Kumar Tewari
About Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC):
It is a joint venture between Govt of India and Govt of NCT(National Capital Territory) Delhi
MD– Mangu Singh
HeadQuarters– New Delhi, India