Hello Readers, IBPS conducted the State Bank of India Specialist Officer (SO) exam on January 17, 2016. In total 170 questions were asked comprising of sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English and Professional Knowledge with a total of 220 marks.
Here we are posting the complete exam review section wise.
Level of Difficulty
Quant section was moderate with good questions. The section comprised questions like:
- Data Interpretation – 2 sets (5 questions each)
- Number series – 5 questions
- Quadratic Equations – 5 questions (easy)
- Questions from other topics including Partnership, Volume, SI, Boat n Stream, Profit/Loss, Mixture n Alligation – 15 questions (easy to moderate)
Reasoning section was a bit tricky with puzzles and all sort of questions were asked like:
- Syllogism – 5 questions
- Coding-Decoding – 5 questions
- Inequalities – 5 questions
- Puzzles n Arrangements – 3 sets (15 questions)
- Critical Reasoning (assumptions, arguments, etc) – 10 questions (easy to moderate)
- Miscellaneous (blood relation
English section was easy. Parajumbles were not asked. Comprised of questions:
- Reading Comprehension – 1 passage (10 questions) – moderate
- Cloze test – 10 questions (easy)
- Error detection – 5 questions (easy)
- Sentence fillers – 10 questions (easy)
Professional Knowledge Section:-
As it was a Specialist officer exam, this section covered the more weightage of marks and also was not that easy as computers section is asked in other banking exams. There was a need to prepare very well for this section. The questions were asked deep inside the subjects of respective departments.
All the Best for Upcoming Exams