On November 12, 2020 Satyendar Jain, Health Minister of Delhi launched Jeevan Seva App, the first-ever initiative to help COVID-19 patients reach healthcare facilities in EV(Electric Vehicles) for free of cost. For this initiative, Delhi Govt has collaborated with the EVERA, an EV cab facility launched by Prakriti E-Mobility Pvt Ltd.
Purpose of the app
To help transport COVID-19 patients(not critical) to and from their homes, hospitals and healthcare facilities from any point in Delhi for free of cost in a safe and timely manner.
Need of the App- To facilitate Delhi citizens in home isolation if needed.
Points to be Noted
- To every tested COVID-19 positive patient in Delhi, a link will be sent through SMS and QR code, through which patients can download the app.
- The cab service is available 24 hours.
- The EV cabs will provide zero pollution, zero emission transport.
Safety Measures of Jeevan Seva App:
i.Sanitization & Service
- After each ride(pick up and drop in) the vehicles will be properly sanitized.
- The service will be provided from health checkups, ambulance requirements to admission in hospitals, health amenities.
ii.Drivers & Supervisors
- Availability of real-time GPS tracking will make monitoring smoother. Supervisors will monitor the situation around the clock.
- The trained drivers will comply with new safety guidelines like wearing PPE(Personal Protective Equipment) kits and sanitizers. The cabin will be insulated.
Recent Related News:
On April 25, 2020, The Medical and Health Department of Andhra Pradesh (AP) has launched ‘Covid Pharma’, a mobile application(app) to keep a track of people buying medicines over-the-counter (OTC) for cough, cold and fever from medical stores across the state.
Chief Minister(CM)– Arvind Kejriwal
Zoological Parks– National Zoological Park