Chairman of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, K Satish Reddy, has been appointed as the new chairman of the National Safety Council (NSC).
Satish Reddy takes over the Chairmanship from Venu Srinivasan who steered the working of the council since July 2011.
About NSC :
- National Safety Council is a premier, non-profit, self-financing and tripartite apex body at the national level in India.
- It is an autonomous body, which was set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Formation – 1966
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Objective : To generate, develop and sustain a voluntary movement on Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) at the national level.
Satish Reddy :
- Kallam Satish Reddy is an Indian business executive, and Chairman of Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories.
- Since 1993, Reddy was the Executive Director in charge of the manufacturing operations of active pharmaceutical ingredients and formulations, research and development activities in Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories.
- He also served as its Chief Operating Officer.
- In 2013, he was appointed Vice Chairman and Managing Director.
- In 2014, Dr Reddy’s Board appointed him Chairman.
- Satish was identified as a “Young Global Leader for 2007” by the World Economic Forum.
- He was awarded the “IBLA – India Corporate Citizen of the Year” by CNBC in 2005 for his contributions to Corporate Social Responsibility.
Committees and boards of which he is a member include:
- National Council of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) since 2004-05
- Executive Council of the Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA), an association of 19 large research based national companies
- Board of trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India
- Indo-Dutch Joint Working Group (JWG) on Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India
- India – Russia CEO Council of CII
- India – South Africa CEO Council of CII
Commenting on his appointment, Reddy said,` It is an honour and privilege to be nominated as the chairman of the National Safety Council. The apex body has been doing commendable work since its inception. I look forward to working with my fellow council members in carrying forward key initiatives on health, safety and environment,’’.