The world number one team of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis continued its dominating run by winning their sixth title of the year at the Guangzhou Open. In singles Jelena Jankovic of Serbia defeated Denisa Allertova of Czech Republic by 6-2, 6-0
- The top seeds defeated Xu Shilin and You Xiaodi 6-3, 6-1 in the final to win their second WTA title in a row. Such has been their domination that they have not dropped a set en route to the title.
- After a first round bye, they beat Anna-Lena Friedsam and Monica Niculescu in the quarters, 6-2 6-3, and then Julia Glushko and Rebecca Peterson in the semis 6-3 6-4.
- It was Sania’s seventh title of the 2015 season and sixth with Hingis. She won one trophy with Bethanie-Mattek Sands in Sydney.
- Sania and Hinghis have now won 6 of 13 events they have played since joining forces in March – Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, Wimbledon, the US Open and now Guangzhou. They have an incredible 42-7 win-loss record together.
They next go to Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open in Wuhan, China.
ABOUT GUANGZHOU OPEN TITLE
- The Guangzhou International Women’s Open is a tennis tournament held in Guangzhou, People’s Republic of China. Held since 2004, the inaugural tournament had Li Na as the first ever Chinese singles title
- Prize money – $220,000