Sania Mirza the Indian tennis star and Martina Hingis from Swiss won the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- The top-seeded Indo-Swiss pair conquered the Russian-Czech team by 6-3 6-1 Vera Dushevina and Barbora Krejcikova in the women’s doubles final.
- The victory in the final was ensuing 40 match win.
- Sania and Hingis won the fourth title in 2016 with overall 13th
- They also won the women’s doubles Australian Open, Apia International Sydney title and Brisbane Tennis trophy in 2016.
About Sania Mirza
- Sania Mirzais an Indian professional tennis player.
- She was born on 15 November 1986.
- She is currentlyranked No. 1 in the women’s doubles rankings.
- She is the highest-ranked female player ever from India.
- she is the third Indian woman in theOpen Era to feature and win a round at a Grand Slam tournament
- She also won a total of 14 medals that includes 6 Gold at three major multi-sport events, namely theAsian Games, the Commonwealth Games and the Afro-Asian Games.
- She was awarded with the Arjuna awardby the Indian Government in 2004
- In 2006, Mirza was awarded with Padma Shri
- She was also awarded with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2015 and with Padma Bhushan in 2016
About Martina Hingis
- Martina Hingisis a Swiss professional tennis player.
- She was born on 30 September 1980.
- She had won fiveGrand Slam singles titles three at the Australian Open, one at Wimbledon, and one at the US Open.