India Open Super Series Defeat costs Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth dearly as the top Indian shuttlers slipped down the order in the latest BWF World ranking
Top Indian Seeds:
- They failed to defend their individual titles at the Saina, who had to deal with a nagging ankle injury, lost two places to sink to World No. 8 in womens singles after losing in the semifinals of India Open, while Srikanth dropped four spots to be placed at the 14th spot in mens singles.
- Srikanth suffered a narrow defeat against Chinas TianHouwei in the opening round here to lose a lot of ranking points.
- The Indian is expected to slip further when the next ranking list is out after failing to cross the opening hurdle at the ongoing Malaysia Super Series Premier.
- Swiss Open champion, H S Prannoy slumped three places to World No. 22 after losing his opening round match against ThailandsTanongsakSaensomboonsuk in New Delhi.
- However Mr. Ajay Jayaram, who also lost in the opening round, was static at World No. 24.
The BWF Rankings:
|Men’s Singles||Kidambi Srikanth||14|
|Pusarla V Sindhu||10|
|Men’ Doubles||Manu Attri
B Sumeeth Reddy