The national tourism agency of England, ‘Visit Britain‘ signed Bollywood actor and Producer Saif Ali Khan to promote an India-centric British campaign. The actor was signed for the ‘Bollywood Campaign” on 10th March 2015. The promotional campaign is likely to include locations like London, Oxford, Cardiff which are popular with Indian tourists.
VisitBritain is the national tourism agency, a nondepartmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, responsible for promoting Britain worldwide and developing its visitor economy. In 2005, It was world’s leading Tourist and Convention bureau in the World Travel Awards.
- Through this campaign, Agency wants to focus on the locations used i in the film to attract more visitors from India.
- To access tourism and promote United Kingdom to rest of the world.
- To popularize locations like Scotland,Wales and other destinations which are not so popular among Indians
- To grow the value of inbound tourism to Britain by increasing visitors spending in different part of the world.
- To increase Britain’s ranking in the eyes of International Travelers.
Other persons from Cinema Industry who promote Tourism
- Incredible India Campaign by Actor Aamir Khan
- Khushboo Gujarat Ki Campaign by Super Star Amitabh Bachchan
- Canadain Tourism Campaign by Actor Akshay Kumar
- Japan Tourism by Actress Dia Mirza