On June 19, 2017, Ministry of Rural Development conducted an award function in New Delhi, during which it gave away 144 awards to states and different organisations under different categories.
- The function showcased achievements under different programmes implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- During the award function, short films on Water Conservation under Geo-MGNREGA, Construction of houses under Pradhan Mantri Aawaas Yojana of Jadia Bai, 100 year old tribal women of Madhya Pradesh and an audio visual song on PMGSY which was sung by Shan were also shown.
- “Jan-MGNREGA”, a citizen centric mobile applicationon MGNREGA which provides information on different aspects of programme was also launched.
- The awards were given in presence of Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and Minister of State for Rural Development, Ram Kripal Yadav.
- Key findings of evaluation of National Rural Livelihood Mission carried out by Indian Institute of Rural Management, Anand, were also presented during the award function.
Awards for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY):
- Bihar was awarded for constructing the highest number of rural roads while Madhya Pradesh got the award for use of non- conventional construction material in constructing roads.
- Haryana, Gujarat and Karnataka received a special prize for completing more than 95 per cent of their targets
Awards for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin), PMAY – G
- Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee was awarded for providing technical vetting of housing typologies and the NIC team for its technical support.
- As many as nine district collectors, who completed largest number of PMAY-G houses, were also awarded, out of which five are from
Other Awards and Awardees:
Awards were also given for Sustainable Livelihood, Transparency and Accountability and Aadhaar Seeding.
- Design and Construction Specialist Prabir Kumar Das was awarded for significant contribution in use of innovative technologies.
- Awards were given to National Resource Organizations, State Rural Livelihood Missions and Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India, Allahabad Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, UCO Bank, Central Bank of India and ICICI Bank.
- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Chhatisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, Karnataka and West Bengal received awards under different categories.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification