Railway Recruitment Board has released the recruitment notification recently for hiring Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) & Technicians. Read details related to the notification like dates, vacancies, exam pattern, syllabus and more in this post, brought to you by Oliveboard, an online exam preparation platform for government, banking and MBA exams.
Railway RRB Recruitment 2018 (Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians): Important Dates
- Online Application (Start Date): 3rdFeb 2018
- Online Application (End Date): 5th Mar 2018
- Online Exam (Tentative): April/May 2018
Railway RRB Recruitment 2018 (Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians): Vacancies: 26502
Railway RRB Recruitment 2018: Eligibility
18-28 years (as on 01/07/2018)
There is age relaxation provided as per norms.
|Name of Post||Qualification|
|Loco Pilot (ALP)||10th/12th standard + ITI in the relevant trade
10th/12th standard + Diploma in the relevant trade
10th/12th + Degree in Engineering
|Technicians||10th/12th + ITI from recognised institutions of NCVT/SCVT in the relevant trade|
Railway RRB Recruitment 2018 (Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians): Selection Procedure
First Stage of Computer Based Test -> Second Stage of Computer Based Test -> Document Verification -> Medical Fitness Test
- In addition, candidates who have opted for ALP and qualified in Second Stage CBT must undergo Computer Based Aptitude Test (AT)
|Subject||Type of Questions||Language||No. of Questions||Duration|
|Mathematics||Objective, Multiple Choice||Hindi/English||75||60|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
- Marks will be normalized in all the stages of exam
Railway RRB Recruitment 2018 (Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians): Exam Pattern
First Stage Computer Based Test (CBT):
Second Stage Computer Based Test (CBT):
|Subjects||Type of Questions||No. Of Questions||Language||Duration|
|1||Mathematics||Objective, Multiple Choice||100 Questions||Hindi/English||90 min|
|2||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|3||Basic Science & Engineering|
|4||General awareness on current affairs|
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Duration|
|Relevant Trade||75 questions||60 in|
- Qualifying Mark: 35 % (This is applicable to all candidates and no relaxation is permissible).
- This part is qualifying in nature and shall have questions from the trade syllabus prescribed by Director General of Employment & Training (DGET).
Computer Based Aptitude Test (Only for candidates who have opted for ALP)
- The candidate needs to secure a minimum score of 42 marks in each of the test batteries to qualify. This is applicable to all candidates and no relaxation is permissible.
- The ALP merit list will be drawn only from amongst the candidates qualifying in the Aptitude Test, with 70% weightage for the marks obtained in the Part A of Second Stage CBT and 30% weightage for the marks obtained in Computer Based AT.
Note: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in First and Second Stage CBT. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer. There shall be no negative marking for Computer Based Aptitude Test.
To apply, click here.
Practice Mock Tests from Oliveboard for RRB Exams!