Eichel Motors, had acquired UK based Harris Performance Products Ltd, a motorcycle design and engineering firm and the amount not revealed.Harris Perfromance had long standing relationship with Royal Enfield, development of chasis for brand’s iconic Continental GT cafe racer bike was due to them.
- Royal Enfields CEOSidharth Lal spoke about the idea behind the acquisition that his company is working on new generation of products.The engineering and product design capabilities would be increased by dedication of Harris Performance team.
- Harris Performance Products, that was established by brothers Steve Harris and Lester Harris some 40 years ago, is one of leading expert company in designing and manufacturing of specialised high performance motorcycle chassis and components.
- As per the new deal, Royal Enfield will acquire all employees,assets,trade names, technical know-how and intellectual property of Harris Performance Products
- Sidharth Lal then said in achieving leadership in global mid sized motorcycling segment, the Harris Performance teams expertise, deep insight and understanding of motorcycling and Royal Enfield would be invaluable.
- Harris Performance, apart from having successful relationship with Royal Enfield, is the only manufacturer from UK to have been officially authorized by Yamaha and Suzuki to design,develop and manufacture race bikes for GrandPrix and World Superbike.
- Staffs of Harris performance Products would hereafter become employees of Royal enfield and would play a major role in the development of Royal Enfield’s new range of bikes
- Harris Performance products founder, Mr Steve Harris also spoke about his past experience of being a technical partner with Eichel Motors.
Some information on Royal Enfield
- Royal Enfield is the name under which Enfield cycle company produces motorcycles, bicycles etc.
- It started functioning from the year 1955 in chennai.
- Redditch Company partnered Madras Motors in forming of Enfield India.
- The famous product from this company is bullet motorbike known for its strength and toughness.
- CEO of Royal Enfield is Mr Venki Padmanabhan.
- This company along with Madras Motors is a subsidiary of Eichel Motors
Regarding Harris Performance Products
- This company is located in Hertford ,UK.
- Company designs , develops and manufactures road and racing motorcycle chassis and components.
- It was established in 1972 by Harris brothers Lester and Steve with Steve Bayford.
About Eichel Motors
- It is an Indian auto maker company.
- Headquarters is in Gurgaon,Haryana,India.
- Founded in the year 1948.
- Owner is Mr Sidharth Lal and it has about 2500 people working as per 2012 data.