The Royal Dutch Shell Plc , acquired the BG Group for about 70 Billion US Dollars, making this the largest energy deal of the Year. This deal would mean that Shell would go far ahead of its rivals like Exxon Mobil Corp an Chevron Corp, in the race to build market share for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). This deal is the most aggressive step in the competition towards the lead supplier of LNG.
LNG, which is a Chilled form of Natural Gas used for electricity generation and home heating, is a clean burning fuel which can substitute for coal and other polluting fuels in the developing world. The acquisition of the BG group, has given a way for Royal Dutch Shell Plc to become the top foreign firm in India’s vast gas import and marketing business segment.
About Royal Dutch Shell
- Royal Dutch Shell commonly known as Shell, is an Anglo–Dutch multinational oil and gas company.
- Headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands & Shell Centre at London, United Kingdom.
- It is the fourth largest company in the world as of 2014.
- Company Founded in February 1907.
- CEO: Ben van Beurden and Chairman: Jorma Ollila