R M Vishakha has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of IndiaFirst Life Insurance. She is the first woman to lead the company. She has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry including that of working with life and non-life insurers. Previously Vishakha held the post of Chief Business Officer at IndiaFirst Life. Vishaka has replaced Dr. P. Nandagopal as MD & CEO.
- The one of the youngest life insurers in India.
- It is a joint venture of Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank and Legal & General of Britain.
- Incorporated in November 2000 and the Headquarters in in Mumbai.
- It has more than 1600 employees.
- Bank of Baroda – 44 percent
- Andhra Bank – 30 percent and
- Legal & General – 26 percent