Former Army officer Mr Ajith singh has discovered the value of duty,valour,honesty,brotherhood, patriotism needed for a soldier through collection of poems.. At an event held, a book of poems titled” Reflections of a Soldier” written by Ajith Singh was released by Lt Gen Bobby Mathews, General Officer Commanding of Konark Corps.
- The book would inspire readers of all age groups in understanding the emotions and feelings of a soldier as witnessed through various events in Indian history.
- Mr Mathews said that the book would enrich the society in general and also literature in s special manner.
- After serving the Army,Air force and Border Roads Organisation BRO for over 40 years, Ajith Singh retired as Gazette Civilian Officer[CO-1] in 1983.
- The idea behind the making of the book was to make common man see and know about the life of a soldier and the author also described the emotions inside him during his career in the book written by him.
- During the Second world War, Ajith Singh was on front lines of combat with the army and also in tough terrains during his period with BRO.
- Defence spokesperson Lt Col Manish Ojha, introduced the book and talked about the importance of duty,brother wood,honesty,love,friendship, faith, patriotism of a soldier for nation and people.
About Indian Army
- Army is land-based branch and largest component of Indian Armed Forces.
- Formed on 1st April 1895.
- COAS or Chief of Army Staff is the highest ranking officer.
- Present COAS is General Dalbir Singh Suhag.
- Headquarters is Delhi Cantonment
Border Roads Organisation BRO
- BRO was formed on 7th May 1960.
- Headquarters is in New Delhi
- BRO maintains roads that serves border areas of India.
- It operates in 22 states .
- Current head is Lt General RM Mittal
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification