After a long gap of 20 years, one rupee notes are all set to come back into circulation. The Reserve Bank of India said the notes to be issued would be legal tender as provided in The Coinage Act 2011. The official statement – “The RBI will soon put in circulation currency notes in one rupee denomination. The notes will be printed by the Government of India”.
- Dimensions – 9.7 by 6.3 cm
- Made of – 100 per cent cotton rag content.
- Weight – 90 grams per sq meter
- Thickness of 110 microns.
- Bear Ashoka Pillar symbol as Watermark
- Carry a hidden numeral in the center
- Hidden word Bharat (in Hindi) will be on the right hand side of the note.
- Colour – Pink Green
- Note carries the signature of Finance Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi.
- The currency note will contain words Bharat Sarkar and Government of India.
- Also carries the rupee symbol of 2015 with Sataymev Jayate words printed on it.
- The surrounding design will consist of the picture of Sagar Samart.