Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Statements & Arguments which is common for all the SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC exam and other competitive exams !!!
Directions (1-10): Each question is followed by two courses of actions. You have to decide which of the course of action follows for the statement implied. Give answer.
A.If only course of action I follows
B.If only course of action II follows
C.If either course of action I or II follows.
D.If neither course of action I nor II follows.
E.If both course of action I and II follow.
- Apple to begin producing iPhones for the local market in Bengaluru.
I.India to become a large Smart phone market in the next 1o years
II.It will reduce the cost of its premium devices and appealing to a larger base of buyers.Answer – E.If both course of action I and II follow.
- Two cargo ships collided just outside the Kamarajar Port in Ennore causing an oil spill into the sea.
I.Oil spill has reached the Mamallapuram and affects the tourist spot
II.The spill could have a long lasting impact on marine life, even to the extent of causing irreparable damage.Answer – B.If only course of action II follows
- Lychee fruit to blame for mystery illness killing children in India
I.The consumption of lychee fruit on an empty stomach was to blame.
II.The consumption of lychee fruit make some gene changesAnswer – A.If only course of action I follows
- The Economic Survey 2016-17 tabled in Parliament by the Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley on January 31, 2017
I.Universal Basic Income (UBI) increases poverty to 0.5 percent would cost between 4-5 percent of GDP.
II.It suggests that a more efficient way to help the farmers would be to provide them resources directly.Answer – D.If neither course of action I nor II follows.
- The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (B3P) scheme was launched in January, 2015 by PM Narendra Modi at Panipat in Haryana.
I.The aim of the scheme to promote the of importance of education and rural development
II.B3P is targeted at improving the Child Sex Ratio (CSR)Answer – B.If only course of action II follows
- The Karnataka government decided to bring an amendment to the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (PCA), 1960 for conducting kambala
I.The Bill passed by the legislature doesn’t require an assent from the President
II.Karnataka government is going to follow the model of the Andhra Pradesh government and bring changes to the PCA.Answer – D.If neither course of action I nor II follows.
- Government has announced that the General Anti Avoidance Rule (GAAR) will be effective from the 1 April, 2017.
I.India will be the 1st nation in the world to have laws that aim to close tax loopholes.
II.It will prevent companies from routing transactions through other countries to avoid taxes.Answer – A.If only course of action I follows
- Recently the Indian government decided to demonetize the biggest denomination notes i.e. 500-1000 Rupees notes
I.It is considered as the biggest cleanliness drive against the black money in the history of Indian economy
II.It will not affect the SME sector in India.Answer – A.If only course of action I follows
- India formally became an associate member of CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) in January 2017.
I.India will have voting rights on decisions of the council.
II.India can take part in meetings of the CERN CouncilAnswer – B.If only course of action II follows
- NGOs being a major arm of civil society thus have a crucial role in the country’s development process.
I.NGO’s work on ‘non-profit’ basis with the principles like social equality, altruism and human development as their foundations
II.NGOs are the groups of government organizations that are not reducible to the administrative graspAnswer – A.If only course of action I follows