Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Statements & Arguments which is common for all the IBPS,SBI exam and other competitive exams !!!
Directions (1-10): Each question is followed by two assumptions. You have to decide which of the assumption is “implicit”. Give answer.
(A) If only I is implicit.
(B) If only II is implicit.
(C) If either I or II is implicit.
(D) If neither I nor II is implicit.
(E) If both I and II are implicit.
- A notice on the railway station says that those having tickets for the second class will be penalized if found travelling in first class compartments
I. Those having tickets for first class are not allowed to travel in second class compartments
II. To check the tickets, inspections are going on.(B) If only II is implicit.
The notice has nothing to do with people having first class tickets.
A notice is there, so it can mean that checking can take place regularly.
- Since the past 5 years the prices of petrol and diesel are constant only in Myanmar.
I. The prices of these have changed throughout the world other than Myanmar.
II. In Myanmar the prices were different before these 5 years.(E) If both I and II are implicit.
The ‘only’ word present in statement means that in other places prices have changed over these 5 years.
Since the statements talks about constant prices in 5 years only, so before that prices were different.
- A notice board of a company says that if parking space is not available in office space, then park the vehicles in the mall and walk to the office.
I. The mall is at a walkable distance from the office.
II. The office does not allow visitors vehicles in the premises.(A) If only I is implicit.
Since the board says that u can park your vehicles in mall, this means that there is a mall near by.
- For better production of crops, farmers must switch over to organic fertilizers from chemical fertilizers.
I. Almost all farmers use chemical fertilizers.
II. Organic fertilizers are easily available to farmers.(B) If only II is implicit.
It cannot be predicted that how many farmers use chemical fertilizers.
- A paper advertisement by a ABC bank says that there education loan rates are lower than any other banks.
I. Some other banks also provide education loans.
II. Different banks charge different interest rates on education loans.(E) If both I and II are implicit.
The rate is less than other banks mean that other banks also give loan.
It is less than other banks so there are different rates.
- A notice board on ABC mobile company says that if anybody has any kind of problem with his handset, he is free to contact their helpdesk immediately.
I. Help desk will solve their all handset problems.
II. The problem will not be solved if complaint is not made immediately.(A) If only I is implicit.
Help desk is there to listen to problems and solve, so it will solve all the problems.
And it is not necessary that the complaint is to me made immediately, the statement only says that whenever u have any problem, u can walk to help desk immediately too.
- An advertisement by ABC clinic says that their medicine is very effective for fighting the problem of obesity.
I. Other such type of medicines available in the market are not that effective.
II. Obesity cannot be controlled without medicines.(D) If neither I nor II is implicit.
The statement does not say that other medicines are available for controlling obesity, and neither it says that only meds can control obesity.
- The survey for this year reports that the number of people living below poverty line has increased in urban areas.
I. People living in rural areas are not below the poverty line.
II. A similar survey was conducted last year.(B) If only II is implicit.
The survey compares the previous year data, so similar survey was taken last year also.
- In Italy, trains are more convenient and economical than cabs.
I. Italy is an expensive city.
II. Train services are reasonably good in Italy(B) If only II is implicit.
Trains services are good that’s why these are convenient
- An advertisement by government says that to have your children getting good mental health, admit them to school only after attaining 5 years of age.
I. Before the age of five, a child cannot learn.
II. Some school admit children who are below 5 years of age.(B) If only II is implicit.
The statement says that people should get admit their children after 5, this means that schools admit children below 5 also.