Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Statements & Arguments which is common for all the IBPS,SBI exam and other competitive exams !!!
- Statement: The average family income in the metros has increased today as compared to earlier,as in most families these days husbands and wives both are working. Which of the following inferences cannot be drawn from the above statement?
1.Wives earn more than their husbands today.
2.It was less prevalent for the spouse to work earlier than today.
3.The family income level was lower a few years ago.
4.More husbands and wives are working today as compared to last few years.
5.None of theseAnswer – 1. Wives earn more than their husbands today.
As nothing is mentioned about separate earnings of husbands and wives.
- India is on track to become one of the largest dairy industries in the world. With 20 million more mouths to feed every year, and an increasingly affluent population, the demand for high-quality dairy nutrition continues to grow at a rapid pace. Annual dairy consumption, for example, is forecast to reach around 180-200 million tonnes by the end of the decade.
1.India will become one of the largest dairy markets in the world by 2020.
2.India’s dairy industry will increase milk production to meet this demand gap.
3.Dairy industries are important to the national economy.
4.The demand for milk and milk products goes up with prosperity.
5.None of theseAnswer – 4. The demand for milk andmilk products goes up with prosperity.
This is implicit in the statement that with an “increasingly affluent population,the demand for high-quality dairy nutrition continues to grow.
- Govt of India is providing a unique identity card to every citizen. Some important information like his blood group, permanent address, bank account number and mobile/telephone number is mentioned on this card to identify that person for security purpose or in case some serious accident takes place.Which of the following conclusions can be drawn from the above information?
1.In a country like India, which is one of the most populated countries in the world, it is not possible to provide every citizen a unique identification card.
2.The police need this information (on the card), especially when the accident is fatal.
3.None is supposed to forget his phone number under any circumstances.
4.Blood cannot be transfused until its group is mentioned on the card.
5.None of theseAnswer – 2. The police need this information (on the card), especially when the accident is fatal.
Since these cards are issued to identify an individual for security purposes or in case of any accident, we may conclude that the police need this information to complete the investigation. (1) cannot be concluded because it is mentioned that the govt is providing unique identity cards to all citizens is impossible.
- Statements: In 2015, the government has decided against reduction of prices of petroleum products, though there is a significant drop in the crude oil prices in the international market.
The present price of different petroleum products will help the government withstand any possible price rise in future.The prices of crude oil in the international market may again increase in the near future.
1.Only Assumption I is implicit.
2.Only Assumption II is implicit.
3.Neither I nor II is implicit.
4.Either I or II is implicit.
5.Both I and II are implicit.Answer – 3. Neither I nor II is implicit.
It is not necessary that price rise be there-on the mind of the government while taking the decision. Hence, neither I nor II is implicit.
- Owing to delayed and weak south-west monsoon there is an alarming depletion in the water levels of important reservoirs.
Courses of action:
I.The Central Government should issue an advisory to the State Government to make judicious and regulated release of water.
II.The government should give preference to drinking water and irrigation, and enhance ground water use to meet current needs.
III. Farmers should be advised by the government to grow such crops as require less water.
4.All (1), (2) and (3)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Only I
Judicious and regulated release of water is the only way out.
- A hung verdict is just that: divided and unclear. And Party X would be quite justified in querying why, despite its consistent stand on governing only in case of a clear verdict, should the onus of forming the government be laid at its door.
I.Party X is the single largest party in the house.
II.Party X does not have a clear majority.
III.Party X is not the single largest party in the house.
4.Both I and II
5.Both I and IIIAnswer – 2.Only II
The party would govern only in case of a clear verdict, therefore, is that it does not have a clear verdict at present.
- The ‘X’ finance company has launched a new tractor loan scheme. It has brought prosperity among the farmers.
1.The prosperity of farmers solely depends upon the tractor loan scheme.
2.Earlier there was no tractor loan scheme for farmers.
3.Farmers do not prefer to take loans for buying tractors.
4.Tractor is an important input for farmers to enhance the farm activities.
5.None of theseAnswer – 4. Tractor is an important input for farmers to enhance the farm activities.
Tractor is important for the farmers to carry out a host of farm activities. Therefore, the Finance company has launched a new tractor loan scheme.
- Since it is possible that the substance contained in certain trees’ roots may provide a cure for ‘Bird Flu’, the govt. must provide sufficient fund to allow thorough testing of this possibility.
1.A cure for ‘Bird Flu’ would be extremely valuable for the society.
2.Substance contained in certain trees’ roots will probably cure ‘Bird Flu’.
3.The possibility of finding a cure is a sufficient reason for funding research for possible ‘Bird Flu’ cures.
4.The govt. is the only possible source of funds for the said research.
5.The time of research mentioned offers at present the most promising possibility for finding a cure for ‘Bird Flu’Answer – 3. The possibility of finding a cure is a sufficient reason for funding research for possible ‘Bird Flu’ cures.
The reason given for funding research is that there exists the possibility that the substance may cure ‘Bird Flu’.
- According to Gartner, global PC shipments declined 8.6% in the third quarter of 2013, marking the sixth consecutive quarter of fall. Which of the following can be a probable cause(s) of the above phenomenon?
I.Computer chips are now being used in fewer walks of life.
II.There has been a shift in consumer preference from PCs to tablets for daily content consumption.
III.Internet-of-things will drive the next wave of computing.
2.None of these
3.Only II and III
4.Only I and II
5.Only IIAnswer – 5. Only II
Explanation : If consumers start buying less PCs, their shipments are bound to decline.
- “Attend a free online test series on how to crack IBPS examination.” – An advertisement by an institute (ABC).
1.An advertisement is the only source to increase the number of admissions.
2.All of the online tests provided by other institutes are not free.
3.There will be students who will respond to this kind of advertisement.
4.The institute has got many selections in the IBPS.
5.None of theseAnswer – 3. There will be students who will respond to this kind of advertisement.
Explanation : That people will respond to the advertisement.
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.