Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight persons Bharat, Bala, Bindu, Bipin, Balbir, Bhavani, Baskar and Bhagya are sitting around a circular table facing away from the centre. Each of them has a different rank in the test, viz 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th but not necessarily in the same order.
- Bharat and Binduwhose rank is 3rd, can never sit together. There are two persons between the persons whose ranks are 7th and 5th. The person whose rank is 5th sits second to the right of Bhavani.
- Bhagya does not rank 2nd or 1st and she is also immediate neighbour of the one whose rank is 5th. The person whose rank is 1st cannot sit with the person whose rank is 4th.
- There are two persons sitting between Bindu and the person whose rank is 6th. Bala and Balbir are immediate neighbours of each other.
- The person whose rank is 1st sits on the immediate left of the person whose rank is 8th. Bharat is second to the right of the person whose rank is 7th.
- Bipin’s rank is neither 6th nor 7th. Balbir and Baskar are not immediate neighbours. Baskar, who does not rank 5th, sits on the immediate right of Bhagya. There is only one person sitting between those two persons whose ranks are 8th and 6th.
- There is only one person sitting between Baskar and the person whose rank is 6th and the person can never be Bhavani.
- Which of the following pairs of persons and ranks is definitely true?
1.Bindu – 8th
3.Baskar – 2nd
4.Bala – 4th
5.All are falseAnswer –3.Baskar – 2nd
- How many persons are sitting between Balbir and Bala when counted in anticlockwise direction from Bala?
- Which of the following is the position of Bhavani with respect to the person whose rank is 4th?
1.Second to the left
2.Third to the right
3.Third to the left
4.Fourth to the right
5.Can’t be determinedAnswer –3.Third to the left
- If Bharat interchanges his place with the person whose rank is 2nd, then which of the following is the position of the person whose rank is 3rd with respect to the person whose rank is 6th?
1.Second to the left
2.Second to the right
3.Third to the right
4.Third to the left
5.None of theseAnswer –3.Third to the right
- If Bharat is related to Binduand Baskaris related to Balbir in the same way Bhagya is related to?
5.None of theseAnswer –2.Bala
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight family members Deepak, Darshan, Deepa, Dinesh, Divya, Dhruv, Durga and Deepthi are sitting around a circular table but not necessarily in the same order. Some of them are females and some of them are males. All of them are related to each other in the same way or the other. Some of them are facing the centre while some are facing outside.
- Only two people sit between Darshan and Divya, Darshan faces the centre. Dhruv sits second to the right of Darshan. Divya is the wife of Deepak. No female is an intermediate neighbour of Divya.
- Deepa is not an immediate neighbour of Darshan. Deepa is the daughter of Divya. Both the immediate neighbours of Deepa face the centre. Only three people sit between Deepak and Deepa’s brother. Dhruv is not the brother of Deepa. Neither Deepak nor Deepa’s brother is an immediate neighbour of Dhruv.
- Deepthi, wife of Darshan sits to the immediate left of Dinesh. Both Durga and Deepak face a direction opposite to that of Deepa. Deepa’s husband sits second to the left of Durga. Darshan’s father sits to the immediate right of Divya.Darshan sits second to the right of Father of Deepak.
- Who among the following faces outside the centre ?
1.Deepak and Husband of deepa
2.Dhruv and brother of Deepa
3.Durga and and the father of deepak
4.Deepa and the father of deepak
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Deepa and the father of deepak
- Who among the following sits exactly between Deepa and Dinesh ?
2.Father of Darshan
4.Wife of Darshan
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Wife of Darshan
- Who among the following is brother of Deepa ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Darshan
- How many people sits between Darshan and Deepa, when counted from the left of Darshan ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Two
- What is the position of Durga with respect to Deepak?
1.Third to the right of Deepak
2.Second to the left of Deepak
3.Immediate right of Deepak
4.Third to the left of Deepak
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Third to the left of Deepak