Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Puzzle with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are asked in previous exams !!!
(Directions 1 – 5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Six persons Rajiv, Sunil, Kishan, Punit, Gaurav and Arjun live on six different floor of a building, starting from floor 1 to floor 6. No two persons have the same age among them. They bought six different things on the occasion of Dhanteras which are Mobile, Fridge, Bike, LEDTV, Microwave and Laptop but not necessarily in the same order.
1) The person who bought bike lives on one of the even numbered floors.
2) The person who bought fridge is 22 years old and lives on the top floor.
3) Rajiv’s age is 2 years more than half of the age of the person who lives four floors below him.
4) Neither Arjun nor Punit bought an LEDTV.
5) Gaurav lives three floors below Punit both do not live on either of the extreme floors.
6) Person who bought a mobile lives three floors below the person who is 27 years old.
7) Sunil is 25 years old i.e. 10 years younger than the person living three floors above him.
8) The person who bought microwave lives two floors below the person who is 32 years old.
- Who among the following bought bike?
Answer : 3) Arjun
Person: Rajiv, Sunil, Kishan, Punit, Gaurav and Arjun
Things: Mobile, Fridge, Bike, LEDTV, Microwave and Laptop
Floor: 1 to 6
Hence, Arjun bought the bike.
- Who lives two floors below the person who has bought Laptop?
Answer : 2) Kishan
Hence, it’s Kishan who lives two floors below Punit who bought a laptop on Dhanteras.
- What is the age of the person who bought a microwave?
Answer : 4) 25
Hence, age of the person who bought a microwave is 25 years old.
- What is the sum of age of the persons who live on 3rd and 5th floor?
Answer : 1) 59
Age of Kishan = 32
Age of Punit = 27
Sum = 32 + 27 = 59
Hence, the sum of person living on 3rd and 5th floor is 59 years.
- Who lives on second floor?
Answer : 3) Gaurav
Hence, Gaurav lives on the second floor.
(Directions 6 – 10): Study the given information carefully and answer the following questions below.
In a warehouse, 8 boxes having different medicines – Vicks, Y, Sumo, Ibucom, Combiflam, X, Partrum and Paracetamol. They belong to different companies – A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H but not necessary in that order. Each box has a number written on it from 1 to 8 but not necessary in that order. Number 1 is at the top, number 8 is at the bottom and others accordingly.
There are 3 boxes between company A’s box and box of Combiflam. Box of company, which makes medicine Y, is exactly 2 place above box of company B. Box, which has Partrum, is neither at no. 1 nor at no. 8. Box of company B is at even number but not at number 6. Box of Paracetamol is above box F. There are 3 boxes between boxes of company B and D. Box of Y is immediately above than box of Sumo. Box of company, which makes medicine X, is immediate between box of company C and box of Ibucom, company D’s product. X is not the product of company F. Box of Partrum is immediately above to box of Vicks. Box of company G is not at number 7 while box of company F is above to box of company H. Neither X nor Paracetamol is the product of H.
- What is the name of medicine which comes from company A?
Answer : 3) Y
Medicine = Vicks, Y, Sumo, Ibucom, Combiflam, X, Partrum and Paracetamol.
Companies = A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H.
Each box has number from 1 to 8 and arranged one above the other.
Therefore, medicine Y comes from company A.
- Which company produces Partrum medicine?
Answer : 4) B
Therefore company B produces Partrum medicine.
- Which box of medicine is immediately below the box of Vicks?
Answer : 2) Combiflam
Therefore box of Combiflam medicine is immediately below to Vicks.
- Which company’s box is immediately between the box of Ibucom and Combiflam?
5) None of these
Answer : 1) E
Therefore company E’s box is immediately between the box of Ibucom and Combiflam.
- Which company’s box is at the top?
Answer : 5) G
Therefore company G’s box is at top.