The RBI Assistant 2017 exam notification is released last week. This year, RBI has announced 623 vacancies for the post. Let’s have a look at the exam basics to get started with study.
This post is brought to you by Oliveboard, an online exam preparation platform for banking and government exams.
RBI Assistant 2017 – Application & Exam Dates
- Online Application Starting Date: 18 Oct, 2017
- Online Application Ending Date: 10 Nov, 2017
- Online Preliminary Test: 27 & 28 Nov, 2017 (Tentative)
- Online Main Test: 20 Dec, 2017 (Tentative)
To apply for RBI Assistant 2017, visit: www.rbi.org.in
RBI Assistant 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
- Between 20 and 28 Years (as on 1.10.2017)
- Age relaxation is provided as per norms
- Graduation in any discipline with minimum aggregate of 50% marks
- Knowledge of Word Processing on PC
RBI Assistant 2017 – Selection Process & Exam Pattern
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
|Name of Tests
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour
|Name of Tests
|No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
The candidates provisionally selected from the main online examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned. This is conducted only for those students who didn’t have the local language of the applied state as a subject in 10th standard. Candidates are generally given Reading Comprehension where around 5 questions are asked in the LPT. The difficulty level of the test is usually easy to moderate.
RBI Assistant 2017 Exam Syllabus
Syllogisms, Seating Arrangement, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Inequalities, Data Sufficiency, Coding & Decoding, Distance & Direction, Ranking.
Number Series, Data Interpretation, Averages, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Data Sufficiency, Simplification / Approximation, Quadratic Equations, Time & Distance, Partnership, Ratio & Proportion
Reading Comprehension, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Cloze Test, Sentence Improvement, Para-Jumbles
Static GK, Current Affairs, Banking Awareness
History of Computers, MS Office, Internet, Operating Systems, Computer Peripherals, Abbreviations & Shortcuts
Here’s all the details related to RBI Assistant 2017 exam. If you want to know other details, visit the official RBI website. Now, apply and get started with exam preparation for the upcoming RBI Assistant 2017 exam.
Few Tips to Get Started with RBI Assistant 2017 Exam Preparation
- Make a study schedule and allocate study hours for every day
- Divide study hours between all sections and dedicate extra time for weaker sections
- Get all the recommended books for study
- Start making notes of Quant formulas, English grammar rules etc.
- Work out as many RBI Assistant mocks possible. You can practice Oliveboard’s Mocks and do analysis of each mock attempt
All the best for your exam preparation!