On January 28, 2021, National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI), a PSU under National Informatics Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) celebrated 25 Years of its inception. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for MeitY who attended the event as Chief Guest released
- TEJAS – A Visual Intelligence Tool will provide data analysis for turning data into analysis & visualizations for Government Officials.
- e-Auction India
- Work from AnyWhere Portal (WAW)
- NIC Products Portfolio which includes several products to increase the branding of Digital India initiative of Government.
Ajay Sawhney, Secretary (MeitY); Rajendra Kumar, Chairman of NICSI, Dr. Neeta Verma, Director General of NIC, C P Gurbani, Chief Executive Officer of Tech Mahindra India, Debjani Ghosh, NASSCOM were present during the event.
i.TEJAS – Visual Intelligence Tool:
- Has been developed by NIC and NICSI (CEDA-Centre of Excellence for data analytics) using indigenous open source technologies
- To be used by both Central & State Governments to improve policy decisions & improve efficiency of government services
- Purpose – For Designing Analytical report & transforming data into visualizations.
ii.Work from AnyWhere Portal (WAW) for Government employees:
- The portal will help in quick transition from a physical workplace environment to remote workplaces.
- It will also ensure safe access to Department Applications.
- The government employees will get access to key resources like applications of organizations, data and communication with fellow officials.
- The portal will be responsible for carrying out the forward & reverse auctions of Government departments and organizations.
- It aims to ensure transparency & non-discrimination
- Using it officials can access auction documents, online submission of quotes, clarifications from any place and on 24X7 basis.
iv.List of products released by NIC Products Portfolio are
- eOffice – Digital Workplace solution, it is currently being used by around 600 institutions
- GePNIC – Government eProcurement System
- Service Plus – Integrated eService Delivery Framework
- e-Hospital – Remote Healthcare Service Delivery System being used in around 300 hospitals across India
- BhuNaksha – For Cadastral Mapping (map showing or recording property boundaries)
- e-Prisons – IT solution for Prison Management
- eCourts – Justice Delivery System
- Darpan – Government Dashboard Platform
Recent Related News:
i.On December 30, 2020 President of India, Ram Nath Kovind conferred 6th Digital India Awards(DIA) 2020 organized by National Informatics Centre(NIC) under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY).
ii.November 28, 2020,MEITY and IBM India collaborated to establish an education & Skilling ecosystem through Common Services Centre (CSC) Academy to upskill members of the CSC ecosystem in Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cloud.
About National Informatics Center (NIC):
Director General – Dr Neeta Verma
Headquarters – New Delhi