Indian-American Ravi Chaudhary has been appointed as the Executive Director for Regions and Center Operations at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which regulates American civil aviation. As the Director, he is responsible for leadership and execution of aviation operations in nine different regions, as well as the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center of FAA.
He is also responsible for,
- Providing Department of Transportation and FAA-wide services
- Corporate and congressional outreach
- Emergency readiness
- Facilities management
- Centralized support for the National Aerospace System.
- He is a former Air Force officer and has completed 21 years of service at the Air Force District of Washington.
- He is a C-17 pilot and has completed a variety of command, operational, engineering, and senior staff assignments in the Air Force.
- He served as a speechwriter and strategic planner at the Pentagon.
- He was appointed as a member of the President’s Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders by US President Barack Obama.