Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, who started his career with romantic comedy “Band Baaja Baaraat” in 2010 has been conferred with “Maharashtrian Of The Year” award. On the other hand, the “lifetime achievement award” was bestowed upon 82 year old legendary singer Asha Bhosle.
- The award was presented by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis at a ceremony held at Mumbai.
- Superstar Aamir Khan was guest of honour at the event.
Ranveer has been chosen for the award to recognize his epic performance in last year’s movie “Bajirao Mastani” by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He put forth the vison, aura and grandeur of Maharashra’s pride “Peshwa Bajirao”.
- Earlier, the legends, Amitabh Bachchan and Dilip Kumar have been bestowed with this award.
About Maharashtrian of The Year Award:
The “Lokmat Maharashtrian of The Year” award recognizes and honors the individuals who have positively influenced the state of Maharashtra and put it at the top of the ladder globally.
About Ranveer Singh:
1985 born Ranveer Singh Bhavnani completed his bachelor’s degree from Indiana University, Bloomington. After returning to India he made his debut in 2010 with a leading role in romantic comedy Band Baaja Baaraat.
- He was starred in Lootera (2013), Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013), Gunday (2014), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015) and Bajirao Mastani (2015).
- For his first movie he was conferred with Filmfare Award in the Best Male Debut category.
- For Bajirao Mastani he was bestowed with Filmfare Award for Best Actor.