Ramachandra Guha has stepped down as BCCI Administrator. He told the Supreme Court that he has presented his resignation to Vinod Rai on 28th May, 2017
According to the reports, Guha has reportedly mentioned some personal reasons for his resignation.
- The SC has asked Guha to file plea in registry which will be taken up in July.
- Ramachandra Guha has appointed by the Supreme Court as one of the four administrators of BCCI.
- Advocate Rakesh Sinha, who mentioned the matter before the bench, said he had filed the petition to inform the court about Guha’s decision to resign as the main matter would be coming up for hearing in July.
- Managing Director of Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC) VikramLimaye, and former Indian women cricket captain Diana Edulji were the other administrators appointed by the Supreme Court.
- The apex court had appointed a four-member Chairman of the Committee of Administrators COA on 30th of January.
- It is headed by former Comptroller and Auditor General VinodRai.
- COA has made to run the affairs of BCCI and implement court-approved recommendations of the Justice R M Lodha panel on reforms in the cash-rich cricket body.
- The bench had also mentioned that the BCCI CEO would report to COA and, with the assistance of the counsel of the Board will notify the administrators about the implementation of the Lodha panel recommendations accepted by the apex court.
- Founded in 1926
- Chairman- Vinod Rai (interim)
- Chief Exec-Rahul Johri
- Vice president-Rajeev Shuklan
- Men’s coach-Anil Kumble
- Women’s coach-Purnima Rau