- Eminent Historian writer Ramachandra Guha was chosen for the Fukuoka Asian Culture Prize in Academic category on JULY 24,2015.
- Ramachandra Guha along with Thant Myint-U(Grand Prize category) and Minh Hnah(Arts anad Culture category) were choosen for this Prize.
- Ramachandra Guha is best known for his book “India After Gandhi” will speak on Gandhi,India and the world and also increasing awareness of the value of asian culture on SEPTEMBER 17,2015 on which the prize will be conferred upon him.
- Ramachandra Guha was awared with Padma Bhushan in 2009,Sahitya Akademi award in 2011.
- His famous writings are GANDHI BEFORE INDIA,PATRIOTS AND PARTIS,MAKERS OF MODERN INDIA.
ABOUT FUKUOKA ASIAN CULTURE PRIZE:
- Japanese city of Fukuoka and the Yokatopia Foundation established this prize in 1990.
- This prize has 3 categories they are the Grand Prize,Academic Prize and Arts And Culture Prize.
- The award ceremony is held in every year in September.
- Other Indian Fukuoka Prize winners include sitar maestro Ravi Shankar, danseuse Padma Subrahmanyam, historian Romila Thapar, sarod player Amjad Ali Khan, social and cultural critic Ashis Nandy, post colonial studies scholar Partha Chatterjee, environmental activist Vandana Shiva and contemporary artist Nalini Malani.