On July 25, 2019, Union Minister of Defence Shri Rajnath Singh launched a Dashboard of Department of Defence Production (DDP) to help in effective monitoring of various initiatives and schemes of the departments of the Ministry of Defence in the presence of Secretary (Defence Production) Dr Ajay Kumar, Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Shripad Yesso Naik and other senior officials of the Ministry.Key Points:
- It is available for the general public at www.ddpdashboard.gov.in
- Through the platform, the Ministry will be able to keep track of the major components of Defence Production, including defence exports, defence offsets, Intellectual Property Rights (Number of Patents registered) and Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti, information on defence projects under ‘Make in India’, startups in defence sector, investments in defence corridors in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu and artificial intelligence projects in defence.
- According to the dashboard, India has exported its defence offset of $1,570 million and exports worth Rs 3,323 crore. Defence production has set a target of Rs 90,000 crore for 2019-20. It has met a target of Rs 80,502 crore in 2018-19.
CISF launches online encyclopedia – Securitypedia; Customised video interface- CISFTube
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) launched an online encyclopedia called Securitypedia which incorporates a wide range of security related issues, best practices and latest technologies (in the domain of security) available across the world.
- It also launched CISF Tube which is an online video database of all videos relevant to CISF where CISF personnel can learn various subjects related to their area of functioning.
♦ Motto: Protection and Security
♦ Formation: March 10, 1969
♦ Director General: Rajesh Ranjan