Union Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh virtually launched ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation – Outpatient Department (SeHAT OPD)’ Portal (https://sehatopd.in/). It is an online medical consultation service for Armed Forces Personnel, veterans of Armed Forces and their families.
- Objective – To provide healthcare services to patients in their homes. It provides safe and structured video based clinical consultations between a doctor in a hospital and a patient in their home.
- Developers – Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) Mohali, Headquarters Integrated Defense Staff (HQ IDS), Department of Military Affairs (DMA), Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS).
- It is based on ‘eSanjeevani OPD’- GoI’s flagship telemedicine technology developed by C-DAC Mohali and run by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- The portal will reduce the load on hospitals and patients will also get contactless consultations.
- The portal provides services like Patient registration, Token Generation, Queue Management, ePrescription, Free Service, SMS/Email notifications and customisable system (no of daily slots, no of doctors/clinics, waiting room, consultation time).
Recent Related News:
On February 16, 2021, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched ‘E-Chhawani’ Portal & Mobile app in New Delhi.
About Ministry of Defence
Union Minister – Rajnath Singh (Lok Sabha – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State – Shripad Yesso Naik (Lok Sabha – North Goa, Goa)