On February 16, 2021, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched ‘E-Chhawani’ Portal & Mobile app in New Delhi. It has been developed by eGov Foundation, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Director General Defence Estates (DGDE) & National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- ‘E-Chhawani’ has been launched along the lines of Digital India & e-Governance.
- Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat;Director General Defence Estates (DGDE), Deepa Bajwa were present during the event.
To Provide online civic services to around 20 Lakh residents of 62 Cantonment Boards across India.
- To avail services like renewal of leases, application for birth & death certificates, water & sewerage connections, trade licences, mobile toilet locators & payments of various taxes & fees.
- It has been launched to facilitate ‘Ease of Living’ & ‘Ease of doing’ for the people.
- The app will ensure effectiveness & Transparency of services distribution system of the Cantonment Board.
- In future, services like filing of property & building tax, collection of rent & booking of community centres will be added to the portal.
Recent Related News:
i.On November 19, 2020 Union Minister for Defence, Rajnath Singh virtually launched a Portal “Land Management System (LMS)”, it is the First LMS portal developed by DGDE and Armed forces.
About Ministry of Defence:
Union Minister – Rajnath Singh (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Shripad Yesso Naik (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – North Goa)