Current Affairs PDF Sales

Rajnath Singh approves Rs 400 crore Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme

AffairsCloud YouTube Channel - Click Here

Shri Rajnath Singh approves Rs 400 crore Defence TestingOn May 15, 2020 Union Defence minister Rajnath Singh has approved the launch of  Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme(DTIS) with a cost of Rs 400 crores to create testing infrastructure for the defence sector so as to boost domestic defence and aerospace manufacturing.

Gist about DTIS:

Objective

To promote indigenous defence production, with special focus on participation of MSMEs and start ups by bridging the gaps in defence testing infrastructure in the country. The establishment of  defence testing infrastructure will provide easy access and thus meet the testing needs of the domestic defence industry.

Duration & new test facilities

The scheme will run for a period of  5 years & envisages to set up 6 to 8  new test facilities in partnership with private industry. This will facilitate defence production, therefore reduce imports of military equipment and help make the country self-reliant.

Funding

Under the scheme the projects will be provided with up to 75%  government funding in the form of ‘Grant-in-Aid’ & remaining 25%  will have to be borne by the Special Purpose Vehicle(SPV) whose constituents will be Indian private entities and State Governments.

SPV’s registration

The SPVs under the scheme will be registered under section 8 of Companies Act 2013 and will also operate and maintain all assets under the scheme, in a self-sustainable manner by collecting user charges.

Key Points

i.The equipment/systems tested will be certified as per appropriate accreditation. While most of the test facilities are expected to come up in the two Defence Industrial Corridors (DICs), the scheme is not limited to setting up test Facilities in the DICs alone.

ii.The guidelines of DTIS are uploaded on the  Ministry of Defence(MoD)/Department of Defence Production (DDP)  and Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) websites. It can be accessed using:

https://ddpmod.gov.in/sites/default/files/pdfupload/DTIS%20Guidelines.pdf

About DGQA:
Headquarters– New Delhi, India
Director General– Lieutenant General(Lt Gen) Sanjay Chauhan

Constituency
Rajnath Singh– Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh