Rajasthan startup policy 2015 was unveiled by the Rajasthan chief Minister Vasundhara Raje during the inauguration of the first edition of Rajasthan Startup Fest on 9th October 2015 at Jaipur.
Rajasthan Startup Fest – National level startup event for boosting entrepreneurship in the state.
Rajasthan Startup Fest Organised by –
Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation (RIICO)
Startup Oasis, a Jaipur-based incubation centre set up by RIICO and CIIE
Centre for Innovation Incubation & Entrepreneurship (CIIE) of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
5-Year Targets identified by the Rajasthan Startup Policy 2015:
- 50 Incubators / Incubator-like Organizations to be established.
- 500 innovative startups to be supported and incubated.
- 100,000 sq ft of Incubation Space to be developed / facilitated.
- Angel and Venture Capital of Rs 500 Cr to be mobilized for startups.
- Development of an Innovation and Problem Solving Culture across the State.
Focus Areas of the Rajasthan Startup Policy:
- Social and Cleantech – Rural Infrastructure & Services, Crafts, Water, Sanitation, Renewable Energy and Healthcare, including asset light models of healthcare delivery and medical devices.
- Mobile and Information Technology, including but not limited to crowd sourcing, crowd funding, online financial services
- Internet of Things (IoT), Electronics and Hardware.
- IT for X’ in the areas of Garment and Crafts, Mining and SME Manufacturing and Services.
- Disruptive ideas/Technologies in any sector
Indian Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had announced a Rs. 2,000 crore fund to support startups in the country in august 2015.