Rajasthan Chief Minister (CM), Ashok Gehlot, announced the formation of 3 new districts: Malpura, Sujangarh, and Kuchaman City in Rajasthan during the Gau Seva Sammelan in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- The decision to establish these new districts was based on both public demand and recommendations provided by a high-level committee.
- With the addition of the 3 districts, the total number of districts in Rajasthan has now reached 53.
Note: Previously in March 2023, Ashok Gehlot-led Rajasthan government formed 19 new districts and 3 new divisional headquarters in Rajasthan.
i.This move aims to enhance administrative efficiency while law and order will be strengthened.
ii.It brings government services closer to the people of these regions. This move is assured to have a positive impact on the lives of local citizens.
3 New Districts:
i.Kuchaman City was included in the 19 districts announced in March 2023 named Deedwana-Kuchaman.
- Formerly a part of Nagaur, the region of Deedwana-Kuchaman has been designated as a new district.
- Now Kuchaman City has been established as a separate district.
ii.Sujangarh, currently within Churu district and Malpura, within Tonk district, are also set to become new districts.
iii.The demarcation and establishment of these new districts will be a collaborative effort between the Ramlubhaya Committee, which recommended their formation, and the revenue department.
- Ramlubhaya Committee was constituted on 21st March 2022 to study the feasibility of new districts.
Recent related News:
On 27th – 28th July 2023, Prime Minister(PM) of India, Narendra Modi was on a two-day visit to Rajasthan and Gujarat to inaugurate and launch various new initiatives and events.
CM– Ashok Gehlot
Governor– Kalraj Mishra
Airports– Jodhpur Airport and Jaisalmer Airport