The Vasundhara Raje-led government has managed to pass the Rajasthan Urban Land (Certification of Titles) Bills 2016 in the state assembly.
- Rajasthan has passed a landmark legislation providing statutory backing to land records, effectively guaranteeing land and property ownership.
Provisions in the Bill:
- The state Descendants in urban areas, which are governed by the municipalities or state development authorities, can seek a certificate of ownership of their lands by paying a nominal fee to the state government.
- This will create an efficient and transparent modern land market, provide certainty of tenure and end litigation that often mires development projects.
- The Provisions in the bill fillip towardsgood governance and Ease of Doing Business also the bill will boost land acquisition in the state and also benefit authorities as no capital expenditure will be required from their end.
- The bill provides for land for infrastructural development and enables the government to consolidate small land holdings. The land holders, in return, will get an equivalent share of development land.
- The bill says, making of new building, new installation that may be used for residential, commercial, public and semi-public, industrial, warehousing purposes shall not be deemed to be an operational construction within the meaning of this clause.
- The capital city of Jaipur is known as the Pink City.
- Udaipur is known as India’s White city as well as City of Lakes.
- Jaisalmer is India’s Golden city and Jodhpur is India’s Blue city.