On April 1, 2021, The State Government of Rajasthan began registrations for ‘Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme (Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana). With this launch, Rajasthan became the 1st State in India to provide health insurance of up to INR 5 Lakh to each Family every year.
- The announcement of the Health Insurance Scheme was made during the presentation of the State Budget for the FY 2021-22.
- The Scheme is worth INR 3, 500 Crore and provides free insurance to all families under BPL (Below Poverty Line), NFSA (National Food Security Act) & SECC categories (Socio-Economic Caste Census).
- Individuals/families covered under Ayushman Bharat Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana can also avail the scheme.
Rajasthan CM approves Chief Minister’s District Innovation Fund Scheme
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the Chief Minister’s District Innovation Fund Scheme, which was announced in the State Budget 2021-22.
Objective -The main aim of the scheme is to create employment opportunities by sanctioning work related to creation of public utility assets, incorporating their innovations in accordance with the local needs and public aspirations of the district.
- Under this scheme, funds will be provided to each district for work related to public utility asset creation as per the local needs.
- Each district will be allocated INR 1 Crore per year.
- Nodal Agency – Nodal department of the scheme at the state level Rural Development department, Zila Parishad will be the nodal department at the district level.
- Approval of projects for the amount available in this scheme will be issued by the district collector.
Recent Related News:
i.On February 24, 2021, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot who holds the Finance Portfolio presented the state’s 1st Paperless Budget.
National Parks (NP) – Keoladeo Ghana NP, Ranthambore NP, Sariska NP
Wildlife Sanctuary (WLS) – Sawai Man Singh WLS, Ramsagar WLS, Sariska WLS